Chocolate Toffee Bars
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (10 oz) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat brown sugar, flour and margarine in a large mixer bowl until well blended and creamy.
- Press evenly onto bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 25 min or until light golden.
- Remove from oven to wire rack while preparing filling.
- Heat sweetened condensed milk and margarine in heavy pan,stirring constantly over med heat for 5-10 min or until thickened.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until light golden.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 2 min longer or until chocolate is shiny and soft.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top,pressing lightly into chocolate.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Cover and store at room temperature.
- In warm days, bars may be stored refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of https://sugarapron.com/
DIY Halloween Decorations | How to Make HALLOWEEN CRAFTS | Bat Poppers, Pumpkin Poms Poms and More